Thursday, October 21, 2010

It is well, it is well...

Last night I had a wonderful conversation with a friend. I was reminded of my dear friend, God, the mighty Counselor. He is more than able to resolve any conflict in our midst. We often sing, "It is well, it is well with my soul," yet our soul is not well. We are striving and struggling. We are anxious and determined.

We need to trust and obey.

While talking with my friend, she shared about reading my blog. It was so comforting to hear about the way God reached out to her through my words. I am deeply grateful for any and all encouragement a reader expresses to me. Praise God! Sometimes after hitting the publish button, it is not well with my soul. I am anxious, I just announced and proclaimed a message dear to my heart. Yet, it is so comforting to be encouraged by you. Thanks.


May it be well with your soul today.

We Christians are the latex gloves that God slaps on before he enters into the operating room to mend the broken world. God has filled us with his Holy Spirit. Every good thing comes from God, not from Emily's blog (insert your own description). Just like a doctors gloves are start off sanitary, then become dirty, so are we to be cleansed from sin, only to be mucked up as we love a sinful world. Clean heart, dirty hand. NOT clean hands, dirty heart.

"Surely as the sun with rise, You'll come to us. Certain as the dawn of day. You'll come. The chains are broken."

1 comment:

Megan said...

I also find your words very encouraging & God centered. I have started a blog to update on little life events but pray eventually God uses it like he is using yours Em! Can't wait to chat with you tonight :)