Thursday, October 28, 2010

What it means to be held

Have you ever questioned why bad things happen? And even more confusing, why bad things happen to good people? 

Last night my sister was in the hospital and today is on bed rest. It is hard for all of us to be apart from her. Today, as I drove to work a familiar song came to mind. I remember singing this song very joyfully in the car with friends, yet it is a song that does not celebrate good things happening, it is a song the strives to understand why bad things happen. The song is Held, by Natalie Grant.  Song on Youtube

This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
and you survive.
This is what it is to be loved,
and to know that the promise was
when everything fell we’d be held.

I wish I could gather together some eloquent words that would encourage me and you, but I cant. Instead of writing in vain, I'll just stop here and forward you to another one's words. Its a blog post about the song. I found it encouraging. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog