Friday, September 3, 2010

Sweet Spots


Yesterday I had an interview with a church for an administrative assistant position. During my interview, the interviewer continued to speak about finding your sweet spot, which are spots or areas you are most gravitated towards (It is important to note that the gravitation pull is in result of your ability, not the things your imaginary self is good at, which are called seeking spots).  I believe seeking spots are okay to dance in, yet it is the sweet spots we need to stand firm in, rooted in the ability that God graciously gives.

High points of the day:
Waking up beside my dear with a sweet smile on his face
Going to campus with Jon, I’m soaking up my time with him while I can
Coming home to bags of groceries from our neighbor (PLT)
Going to the park for a run and to play ball with Chance
Finished reading Thin Places, a great memoir
Talking with my mom and sister – Miss them both!

Low points of the day:
The job search continues
It will be pretty chilly tonight (in the 50s)
Realizing that the family fun in Texas continues with and without us
Neck continues to be in pain

Ending note: We have some hot potatoes ready to eat and I’m looking forward to it!  

1 comment:

Ams said...

Hey Em! Glad I get to read your blog to keep up with you!