Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thoughts on my job search


Tomorrow I start a new job. Wow, what a blessing. I remember when I saw the job posting for the position. It was many months ago. For many weeks I chose not to apply to the job. I thought that I may be qualified, but knew it was going against what I desired. I left my previous job in early August, hoping for my next job to be less demanding - Less demanding in the sense that I could glide through the day and rely on my own strength and not God’s. While my previous job was wonderful, great coworkers and a mighty mission to support, it challenged me – God forbid! Eventually I decided to sow the seed (apply for the job) and trust in God’s great harvesting skills (he is an awesome farmer!). A few weeks later I was called about the position. The weeks that followed were intensive, hours of critically considering interview questions, researching about the employer, and lots of on-my-knees-prayer. I was so fortunate to have many family and friends behind me cheering me on (thanks!). When I found out that I got the job, I instantly became aware of my inability and God’s infinite ability. I want to be responsible to every word I committed to during the interview, but I cant…not with out God. While I have turned from my human ways, the journey has just begun. God has issued a call to me, that can not be fulfilled without him and faith in him. Lesson to learn: Sow seeds faithfully. Let God be God, allow him ways to be your deliver. Desire a challenge that would draw you closer to God. I tried to step away from a demanding job, which would have ultimately limited my opportunity to come before God and fellow believers, in need of prayer and encouragement. Trust God to help you achieve anything he sets before you. With the cross behind us, and heaven before us, what is to challenging to conquer in Christ. 

No comments: