Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Very Good Poem

I may not get to see my Texan friends and family as often as I'd like but God is using this distance for good. Since moving to Deerfield, God has come alongside me and lent me his eyes, allowing me to see my family and friends as he does - which casts a warm glow upon their faces. I am learning to treasure who they are in Christ and not the memories we are creating or missing.

With that said, allow me to share a poem whose words came to me a while back, as I was pondering a special way to celebrate the lives of two dear sisters. I will not reveal who I wrote the poem for, because, after reading it - even just a few moments ago - I believe it is for all. I think it is hard for us to see ourselves as God sees us. If we could all just comprehend and accept how much the Lord treasures us, I wonder what the world would be like.

Very Good
In Genesis we get a first glimpse of our Lord as the creator.
Very purposefully,
he describes not only what he is doing,
but also what he is thinking.

From Genesis we know that
everything God creates is good,
but that his creation of man is very good.

This means that you,
his creation, are very good.
From your bones to your toes, you are very good.

Unfortunately, today those words, very good,
sound impersonal and distant
and sometimes simply untrue.

But you must have faith and believe
that in Christ you are very good.
What was uttered by God before the fall,
became true in Christ through your salvation.

God did not need to emphasize the good with a very,
yet he did.

He did so because he wants you to know
that you’re exterior and interior is so beautiful and wonderful,
beyond the most gorgeous flower and beautiful creature,
that it must be emphasized.

You are his very good creation.

1 comment:

Ams said...

like. :) you are a very good friend!